Time: 11am - 4pm + clean up (please arrive at 10:45am)
Location: Creekside Village, Whistler beside Eds Bread -217-2063 Lake Placid Road FREE Parking
Ages: Adult Ages 16+
Experience: We will be moving beyond the beginner stage in this workshop so you should already be pretty comfortable with colour mixing and paint application. If you have taken a couple paint nights you can attend this workshop.
Only 8 spots available!
Cost: $150 CAD
What will we be doing?
This workshop is for those who have been painting and understand how to mix paints and apply paint but need a few tips and tricks to help you advance your work. You might be wanting to loosen up your brush strokes, perhaps you need to know more about how colour and composition affect your work or maybe you just need so tips on how to add depth and enhance that light source. Students will bring a photo of their choice of any subject matter that they are inspired by. Together we will work on painting how you see versus just copying a photograph by using the power of colour, composition and varying your brushwork. In this workshop you will have a good start on your painting to take home and work on. As an intermediate painter it should take you longer than 5 hours to finish a painting (just sayin).
Prerequisites: You should have already worked on a few paintings and understand the basics of colour mixing and paint application. If you have taken at least 2 of my paint nights you can take this course.
Physical distancing will be maintained at all times. All easels will be sanitized prior to your arrival. If you required a chair please bring your own.
Please wear clothing that you don't mind getting a little paint on - Due to covid 19 regulations I am not able to provide aprons as in the past so please wear something you can get paint on :-)
What I will provide:
Wash out station
Small T.V Tray table
What you need to bring:
- 1 Canvas sizes 16 x 20 or 20 x 24 [ bigger ones or squares (20x20 or larger) if you want to]
- Palette OR disposable pallet paper or white plastic plate
- Water container for cleaning paints (an old yogurt container or something larger)
- Paints - you can buy a basic acrylic paint kit on amazon like this or one with more colours (just make sure you order it with Prime) I will have a couple for sale on site for $25: Click
- Sketchbook or just some blank paper ( if possible canvas paper or water colour paper)
- Pencils eraser and sharpener
- Clothes you don't mind getting messy in
- A face mask is required for this event
After you sign up you will receive an e-mail the week of the workshop with more details, directions etc.
Full Refund less $15 admin fee
As this is a limited class size I do need to meet the number as a minimum in order to cover the space rental costs etc. Please try and make sure that you are able to attend the class before signing up. Due to the curtain circumstances I will issue a full refund if you are feeling at all ill. If you could let me know in advance that would be wonderful so I can try and fill the space.